Friday, February 26, 2016

January - February Prayer Letter

Dear Pastor and Praying Friends,                                                                     February 26, 2016
            It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.         They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him.  The Lord is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him.  - Lamentations 3:22-25

The Lord certainly is Good and Faithful!  We continue to see the Lord's hand in our ministry and in our lives and we are so thankful for his blessings!  The Church is doing well.  Of Course, we  would love to have every seat full  and the alter overflowing; but we are grateful for those who attend faithfully and for the visitors we continue to see every week.  Our attendance is up and, as I mentioned, we have had visitors every week except one for the last two months.  We have also been blessed to have a missionary and his wife visit as they were passing through as well as a dear brother in the Lord and his family as they were in town on family business.
I am also thankful to report that I have had two unique experiences in the past month.  Two people have come up to me and asked me to come and get them for church.  One was a grandmother of three preteens who had been attending our church.  She told me to, " Come and get them!".  I went to pick them up and two of the three were ready. 
Also a gentleman who used to attend faithfully met me at work.  I sat and talked with him on my break and he asked me to come by and get him on Sunday.  I pray he attends this Sunday
           
Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation:  the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.   - Matthew 26:41
           
Family News
The year ended with the disappointing experience of the transmission going out on our old trusty van.  We are thankful for how the Lord has provided a newer vehicle for us just in time for our newest arrival.  Introducing... Rayanna Lynell Beckles.  Born Thursday, February 11, 2016 at 4:10a.m. She is our smallest baby weighing in at 5lbs. 13 oz.  and 19 inches long. Both my wife and Rayanna are doing very well.




Prayer Requests:
1.  Our family's continued good health and safety.

2.  One of our members who is really struggling with a big decision.

3. Our Church's spiritual and numerical growth.


Wishing you God's Best,

Pastor Raymond Beckles
Lighthouse Baptist Church

Newport, Arkansas

No comments:

Post a Comment